For me, the French/European lifestyle is all about working to live, and not living to work. Taking time to enjoy life’s pleasures. Being an artist. A writer. Dining outside. When I’m in Europe I take the train to visit different cities. I walk more. I eat bread (*gasp*). Spend hours, sometimes entire days in Museums AND Cafés. Drink Champagne. Enjoy Crêpes and Pain au Chocolat (chocolate croissants) – a lot! So why not do this now?
Before I leave for my French Adventure, I plan on doing the following things right here in the Good Ole U.S. of A.:
1. Take the train to another State (perhaps Denver to visit my bestie Heidi; or Chicago to visit my brother; or just maybe travel to a city I’ve never visited).
2. Finish my novel.
3. Relax in the park with a loaf of French bread, a bottle of wine and a good book.
4. Start drawing /painting again.
5. Enjoy the local museums and galleries.
6. Dine outside as much as possible.
7. Host a French Dinner & Movie Night – complete with French music, a French film, Champagne, Hors d’oeuvres and Crêpes!
8. Speak French daily.
9. Cook French cuisine.
10. Sit in a local coffee-house for hours and people watch.
I better get started tout de suite!